LIC IPO- The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) is the country’s largest insurance provider. In the new business premium market, it has a market share of more than 66.2 percent. Unit-linked insurance products, saving insurance products, term insurance products, health insurance, and annuity & pension products are among the company’s participating and non-participating products.
It has a total AUM of Rs. 39 lakh crore as of 30 September 2021. LIC has 2048 branches, 113 divisional offices, and 1,554 satellite offices around the country. Fiji, Mauritius, Bangladesh, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, and the United Kingdom are among the countries where it operates.
- LIC is a part insurance and part investment products company. Their plans are a combination of insurance and investment with a guaranteed return.
- LIC has over 13.5 lakh agents who play brings most of the new business. LIC plans offer ‘fixed returns’ along with life insurance coverage. This makes it easy to sell by agents and brings peace of mind to the insurers.
- LIC has high trust in the public for both life insurance as well as investment done with them. LIC is synonymous with insurance in India.
- LIC manage asset of Rs 39 lakh crores. That is more money than the entire mutual fund industry combined. They invest these funds across stocks and bonds. They own 4% of all listed stocks in India and more government bonds than the RBI.
- Leading insurance provider company in India and fifth largest global insurer by GWP.
- A range of life insurance products to meet varied insurance needs of individuals.
challenges for LIC
- LIC has poor new policy growth as they continue losing market share to private insurance players, especially in urban areas.
- The margin in insurance + investment products is low.
- It’s very difficult to value LIC as the business model is unlike any other company. LIC collects money upfront and then promises to compensate policyholders at a later stage. The premiums they collect (part insurance and part investment) cannot be recognized as revenue.
Financials of LIC
|For the year/period ended (₹ in Millions)
|Profit After Tax
Objective of the LIC IPO Issue:
The LIC IPO aims to utilize the net proceeds towards the following purposes;
- To achieve the benefits of listing the equity shares on the stock exchange.
- To carry out an offer for sale of 316,249,885 shares by selling shareholders.
LIC IPO Details
|IPO Opening Date
|May 4, 2022
|IPO Closing Date
|May 9, 2022
|Book Built Issue IPO
|₹10 per equity share
|₹902 to ₹949 per equity share
|Min Order Quantity
Campus Activewear IPO Details – CLICK HERE
LIC IPO issue Price by Category
|Rs 904 (Rs 45 discount)
|Rs 889 (Rs 60 discount)
LIC IPO Multiple Application
A LIC policyholder can apply for LIC IPO shares using 2 IPO applications in the following categories:
- Policyholder + Retail Category
- Policyholder + HNI (NII) Category
LIC IPO DRHP – CLICK HERE
LIC IPO Registrar
KFin Technologies Limited
Company Contact Information
Yogakshema, Jeevan Bima Marg
Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021,
LIC IPO Questions
Is there a chance of listing gain in LIC IPO?
The listing gain in an IPO share depends on many factors:
- Demand and supply of IPO shares on the day of listing
- IPO shares pricing
- The market situation on the day of listing
- The demand for IPO shares (IPO oversubscription)
- Russia Ukraine conflict
It is not easy to predict listing gains in LIC IPO due to its large size.
How to Apply for LIC IPO 2022
- Investor need to have a demat and trading account to invest in LIC IPO . you can open an account with below Broker
Open your Demat account with Below Brokers